10.01.2005

Media...

Have you ever been to the store and seen those AWEFUL 'tabloids' on the check out lines with titles like *Jenifer Anaston kisses Ashton Kutcher? and, *Man gives birth to five pound balogna? I really hope you don't take that information as true, because more then half the time the media isn't factual (in other words, "strait out LYING".) I have experienced this myself, but I wasn't really harmed by it, I just have to tell people over and over my real story. Today I'm going to talk about if it's ethical and if celebrities have the same right to 'privacy' as we do.
Now think about it. Say a guy, Joe Shmow we'll call him, goes to the zoo. Who cares, right? It really wouldn't sell very well if a reporter went to that zoo and took pictures and put it in his publication. Now say a famous celebrity goes to a party, cheats on the person he/she is going with, get's drunk and involved with drugs, and the camera's catch this all. This would be very appealing to the customer (for some reason...). **Alot, more appealing then Joe at the zoo, eh? Now, the reporter COULD go to the zoo, and COULD put joe in the pubiblication, but he chooses to but the celeb in instead. This really ticks the celebrities off. But why, when we are basically PAYING them to be our source of entertainment? Shouldn't, instead of singing hate songs about poparazii embrace the fact that they're getting attention and turn it positive? They put themselves in the limelight, and yet they are upset when people care about their lives. They did this to themselves, get used to it or get out! I am so SICK of the I hate the poparazzi songs! In some cases it's okay, like Michael Jackson for instance. He was so popular that poparazzi still follow him WHEREVER he goes. Now Lindsey Lohan, that girl bugs me. If she would stop acting like a total IDIOT the poparazzi would stop following her! Did you hear any stories about her before she turned 18 and started partying everynight and all that junk? No, none! And then she goes to her movie set and makes them take her to the hospital and give her time off because she too worn or exhausted. Do you think she would be worn if she didn't literally stay out EVERY night partying til three or four in the morning? Of course not!! Sometimes I reallly think so of the celebs out there need a reality check coughtomcruisecough.
In conclusion, yes, celebrities should be able to have a private life, but they won't unless the pull their life toghether and act like a normal human being.

*These articles are made up for the purpose of demonstration

**If you said that reading Joe at the Zoo would be more appealing, then we should hang cause I think so to. ;)

1 comment:

Becca said...

Hehehehe. Yeah, I put that balogna one in there because of WWN. Hahaha. I think it's soooo funny. I do wonder if people actually beleive that stuff, you would probably have to have some serious issues if you do though.