In times so dark and so frail we turn to others in time of need. Sometimes the person we turn to is feeling just as upset and frail as we are, but it still helps to know that someone else cares how you feel, how you're doing, and I bet they love it just as much as you do to know that you care about them.
I lost my Grandma on Saturday. It was a terrifying experience, because my dad, grandpa, and sibblings were in Lake Powell when she passed and my mom and I were in California. We had no way of getting ahold of the rest of my family, until finally my uncle sent the park rangers looking for their licence plate number.
But, it really just makes you think, doesn't? Of how, even though everyone is feeling so much sorrow and it's just very upseting for everyone in the family, you can turn to each other and find even more love before. Death is a real eye-opener for most, that you should keep your loved ones close to your heart and never take them for granted. It sure was for me. When I lost my Grandpa on my mom's side all I remember was how fun it was to spend time with my aunt and my cousins I see rarely. I remember it was sad too, but I know my grandpa would have loved that I remembered how much of a good time sharring love and sorrow that we did than remember how mad and sad and broken-hearted we were. I don't think anyone wants anyone to be broken hearted.
So just remember that, although you should be upset, and it's great to be upset and depressed, think of all the love you're sharing and all the people that are supporting you and loving you with all the fibers of their being, and it will be okay. I promise.
9.30.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment