11.07.2005

NAL

I was doing my blog entry last night--and I thought I posted it, but instead I saved it as a draft. Sorry!!
I love NAL with every fiber of my being. It was soooo fun in eigth grade, and pretty fun in seventh. I guess for it to be truely fun you have to be way involved. Anyway, that's where my worrying comes in. I want, and although this might not be good to say due to the large number of people trying out for NAL in honors, but I want to be the captian of 1st quarter. I know all you get to do is do the tip-off question and introduce everybody; but I've been doing it for two years and I don't want some newbee to be captian! (except I probably wouldn't mind that much if Patti was, because Patti's awesome...and not a no0b!)
Mr. Carter isn't doing it this year. Mr. Carter is sooo hillarious and knows I would do good, but now Mrs. Turneau's doing it. No hard feelings to Turneau, I know she'll do an excellent job, but Carter actaully KNOWS me. If one kid in particular gets to be captian--and you that know me really well should know who I'm talking about--I'll go insane. Really insane. I just can't comprehend why they would put someone like him over me for captain. Wouldn't it just seem logical to put the one that's been on the team most as the captain? Wouldn't that be the thing to do? But I seem to always be wrong about what the right thing is. For instance, Olympiad last year I thought I should have been on the varsity team because I had experience. I may have done bad on the test, I don't really know, but I really don't thing that should beat out medaling experience.
This is turning into just one big stress-relieving rant, and I'm sorry. I need to get off the pressure somehow. I really don't think I have to worry, I really don't, but sometimes it's hard when you know that you don't get the academic coverage you deserve. It's really frustrating when you KNOW you are just as good as one person, and yet all the teachers seem to favor him.../her. I know I should devote two entire blog entries to this unfavorable trait of some teachers, but it's one of my biggest pet peeves in the world. I should just get over it, but I can't.
In conclusion...please try to stay away from that kind of activity. Don't make me devote an entire blog entry to you or something you've done...or haven't done.

No comments: